Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Pumpkins and Queens Ruled the Streets on All Hallows' Eve

Well, once again the Downs girls' Halloween costumes were the best on the street, if I do say so myself. From Margaret as the evil queen from Snow White and Patricia as Cleopatra to our little Baby Brigid as a pumpkin, they raked in the compliments as they raked in the candy. Only one misinformed and misguided soul made the mistake of thinking Patricia was a king (?). I suggested we egg his house. The girls did the usual route: Up and down Grace Avenue before stopping in to visit with Grandma and Granddad Downs. Then we went up to Kennedy Avenue to visit with Michelle, Eric and the boys before heading over to Lois' house for the annual festivities there. Great fun was had by all and we managed to get home in time for the girls to go to bed by 9:30, not bad for a Halloween. The weather wasn't bad -- a little drizzle but mild temps. The girls didn't have to bundle up in their coats.

Brigid has had a few very weird, fitful nights where she sits up and bobbles all over the place, crying or whining. Even her nursing is disturbed, but I think it's because of her congestion. It's hard for her to nurse with a stuffed-up nose, and I think her head is probably clogged so she's out of sorts all night. I know what it feels like to have a stuffy nose when you're trying to sleep. I woke up today with a massive headache and worried that I was getting sick, but it dissipated by mid-morning. I still have a bit of a head cold, so I can commiserate with Baby B. Tomorrow, Patricia and Margaret get their flu shots. Wish us luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home