Monday, October 16, 2006

Who's Mommy's Little Piggy?

Brigid has been working on perfecting her hand-clapping technique and will often bring her paddies together when you cheer, "Yay!" at her. She thinks this is hysterically funny. Her other amusing trick continues to be the snuffing of the nose, which she does on cue if you do it to her. This cracks her up nonstop. She makes us so proud.

Last night Brigid popped back up when I tried putting her in the crib but she was so sleepy, she kept bobbling around and really lunged at me, trying to find the boob. She comes at me like a suckling pig trying to find its special teat. She rams her head into my arm, my side, she clambers up on top of me and pushes her forehead into my chest. She is a baby on a mission that will not be thwarted. Last night, like the previous few, she would wak every hour, hour and a half, just to nurse briefly before flinging herself back again into a deeper sleep. I saw my doctor this morning and asked what she thought might be giving me a headache every morning. Her answer: not sleeping every night.

Margaret and Patricia both have been under the weather lately with coughs and congestion. But Margaret perked up a little last night when she came home fro her religious education class with a flute (thank you, Michelle). She's so excited, she's afraid to bring it to school. I told her she was going to have a hard time taking lessons if she didn't hav the flute with her. I pick her up this afternoon for an orthodontist appointment. She gets to have them put on black and orange brackets for the Halloween season. Oooh, spooky.

I wanted to take a moment to say our thoughts and prayers go out to my family in the Buffalo area hit by Thursday-Friday's snow storm. My brother, David, said it's like the ice storm we suffered in 1998. I saw the pictures of the trees in Mom's yard. It looks awful. We're thinking of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home