Wednesday, October 25, 2006

If She Could Bat a Ball as Well as Her Ears, We'd Send Her To Detroit

Baby Brigid may have another ear infection if her batting at her ears is any indication. She was so cranky and out of sorts last night we gave her Tylenol just to see if it would help. If she continues to pull and bat at her ears, I'm afraid I'll have to take her in to have them take a look, but if I'm going to the trouble of bringing her into the pediatrician's office, I might as well make her life as miserable as possible and really give her something to cry about by getting her the flu shot at the same time. I'm dreading the flu shot thing with the other two girls as well. Jack is convinced I've poisoned them against shots. And that may be true. But they hurt. I'm not going to lie to them and tell them a shot doesn't hurt. But it also doesn't mean I won't do what I can to make it more acceptable to them, like using numbing cream on the area. If such a thing is available, why not use it?

Brigid continues to baffle me in her ability to function without sleep. Or at least without quality sleep. Her naps are sporatic. She fights them tooth (or two teeth) and nail. Going to bed at night is a challenge as always. You'd think she'd just drop over from sheer exhaustion. I know I want to.

Just for the record, Brigid's vocabularly includes: mum mum mum, mah mah mah, dah dah (occasionally), bah bah bah, nah nah and nuh nuh nuh, and, what we swear sounds an awful lot like kitty.

Yesterday when I got home from work, she was happy to see me and wanted to nurse but when Patricia walked in from school, Brigid just quaked with excitement. She was so happy to see her sister. The same was true when Margaret came home. She loves her big sisters. And they truly love her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home