Sunday, December 31, 2006

She Ought to Be In Pictures

At the risk of jinxing ourselves, I'm happy to report that Brigid has been going down to sleep regularly in her crib the last four nights, tonight being New Year's Eve and the fifth night of our Ferberization plan. We've barely had to resort to Ferber, actually, because, again, at the risk of a jinx, she's been pretty amenable. She's cried, but not much; I've gone in a couple times at most. She sleeps through and wakes up about 8:30 the next morning. But as a result of the evening arrangement, she's having a hard time going down in her crib for regular naps. She's suspicious and inconsoleable. So, she's had some naps in the car seat and on me. But I can't complain when the evenings have been going so well.

One thing I've neglected to blog about has been taking Brigid to her first movies. We went to see "Happy Feet" a few weeks ago, and Brigid was very good. She napped through much of it but was very chatty and squealy when she was looking at the screen. She enjoys animation and animals of all kinds, so she was pretty happy to watch the penguin antics.

We then went to see "Charlotte's Web" last weekend and she was very squealy when watching the animals on the screen. She was less-than-enthusiastic when the human actors were on screen, but she loved seeing the pig and all the other farm animals. She wasn't as quiet as she was during "Happy Feet." She got a little loud once or twice; believe me, I am not the kind of person who wants to subject people to a screaming kid at the movies, especially when you pay an arm and a leg to go. But she quieted down immediately after the two cranky sounds she uttered and seemed happy to sit and watch or root around for her own meal as some of the farm animals did. Piggie see, Piggie do. So, all in all, her feature-film-watching debut was a success. Grandpa Wright would have been so pleased, and I'm sure he was smiling from his booth in the sky.

Tonight is New Year's Eve, as I said. Jack is working, so he and I will toast the new year when he comes home tonight after work; the girls and I will have a little party earlier and raise a glass of sparkling grape juice. I'd like to wish everyone a happy, healthy and safe 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home