Wednesday, November 29, 2006

All Our World's A Stage (and All the Girls are Players)



Well, I've been reading Ferber again in anticipation of Ferberizing Baby Brigid into submission or at least into a good night's sleep. As much as I will regret not having that downy head next to me every night, she really needs to be sleeping in her own crib and sleeping through the night. It's for all our own good because it just prolongs the inevitable. She'll need to sleep in her own bed in college.
(Bonus picture of Baby B. Can you imagine making this cutie sleep in her own bed??)
We were so tired last night, both of us fell asleep before Jack even got home from work. I was tired this morning, too, but Brigid had a restless night last night (another reason for her to be in her own bed). But she woke up in a good mood.

Yesterday she took a two-hour nap for Daddy, which might account for the extreme tiredness at night because she missed her afternoon nap. But her constant standing, sitting, standing, sitting, standing exercises might also account for it. Yesterday throughout the day I caught her standing on her own, sometimes for several seconds. She's getting her sea legs and soon I fear those legs are going to start moving independently of furniture. She'll be nine months old on Dec. 12, and we may have an early walker to chase after.

Last night when we were in bed, Brigid was patting herself on the chest and I said, "Brigid. You're Brigid." She laughed, and I said, "Where's Mommy?" and she smiled and put her head on my chest, looking me in the eyes. How cute is that? I think she's also starting to exhibit and understand a sense of humor. She was playing with her bootie and I took it and put it on my nose, saying, "does this go on Mommy's nose?" She laughed and laughed and took it off my nose. Then I put it on my head and said, "Does this go on my head?" Again she laughed and laughed. Then I said, "Does it go on your foot?" and she reached down and touched her foot. She's such a crack-up.

Patricia and Margaret, meanwhile, are getting into the mood for theater. Margaret has a meeting today after school for the drama club, something she became interested in at St. Peter's (thank you Suzanne Lacombe). We'll see what she has to say when she gets home this afternoon. And Patricia's class is getting ready to perform a musical adapation of "A Christmas Carol," the same version that Suzanne staged last year at St. Peter's. She already knows the libretto and much of the dialogue so she's hoping to get the part of the narrator, the same part Margaret had last year. Too bad I didn't keep the costumes I made; Mr. Fortin could probably use them. So we'll have two thespiens in the family (three if we count Brigid's constant theatrics).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home