Monday, February 02, 2009

He Doesn't Have Boobs, and That's to His Advantage


Brigid has become quite the chatterbox, although she would tell you, as she told me in church yesterday, “I not a chatterbox!” She just bubbles when she’s talking, as though her mind is trying to keep up with her mouth. She enjoys telling you things, and the things she has been saying lately is more than just parroting what you’ve said, although there is still some of that. She’ll elaborate more, however. When you ask her if she had a good day at school, she’ll say, “Had a good day at school (or shule, as it sounds from her)” but then she’ll say something else, like they went outside or played in the snow or visited the class next door. It’s interesting to see her think about things that are not in front of her – you can see her visualizing it in order to talk about it.

We had a good weekend. I got Brigid a new (new to us) pair of snow pants off Ebay and she got to play out in the snow with Daddy on Friday and Saturday. We have a good-size pile in the back thanks to our zealous snowplow guy and the snow we had a few days ago. When I can, I’ll post photos I took of Brigid in her new snow pants, gaiters and the hand gaiters I made her out of an old pair of socks. She insists on wearing both sets even though the snow pants make the ankle gaiters a little overkill. They do keep snow out of her boots, so that’s a plus. The hand gaiters help keep snow out and keep mittens on and I’d recommend them to anyone wanting to know how to do both. I just cut a tip off an old pair of anklet socks – the kind that only go up to the ankle bone. They slip over her mittens and up to and past her elbows. She doesn’t mind – she seems to know they’ll help her in the long run.

We did not have such a good week with Tessa. Poor girl, she came down with some kind of stomach ailment that caused her to be sick out of both ends for several days in a row. A $145 visit to the vet ended up with us giving her special food and anti-nausea medication. She’s on the mend, and worked up an appetite during her days of no food. We have forgotten how expensive dogs can be.

Patricia is looking forward to this weekend’s All-County Choral and Band Concert. She’ll be at rehearsals all day on Friday in anticipation of Saturday’s concert (which I’ll have to miss since I’ll be out of town on a scrapbook get-away with Connie). She had to audition to be invited to perform in the choral concert, something we’re all very proud of.

My scrapbook weekend was planned in advance of my knowing the choral concert was the same weekend. But I figure there will be many, many more since Patricia loves to perform and is very good at it. I’ll leave Friday morning after dropping Brigid off at school (shule) and head to Syracuse. Connie and her friend, Kim, will meet me at a Residence Inn and we’ll have a girls’ weekend of cropping and visiting. I’ll not be going to my big scrapbook weekend this year – just can’t afford it – so this was a good compromise and a good idea (on Connie’s part). This will leave Jack with the burden of getting an unboobed Brigid to bed Friday and Saturday, but it may be a venue into weaning that we can continue. I think he’ll do fine, and it’s only two nights. He’ll have the girls on hand to help him out during the day, too. And who knows? Maybe he’ll get her to go into her pretty princess bed on her own – something I have yet to do.

2 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger Oh Scrap!! said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Oh Scrap!! said...

Hi Gerianne long time, i hope your crop was a lot of fun and your doggie is all well by now, love the pics, hey why aren't you with us on FaceBook even Nancy is there and has her own SDV group here is my link;
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=638592842&ref=name
Join us i miss you! hugs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home