Friday, December 05, 2008

Another Bloody Nose, Another Day in the Life

I promised to post photos taken from our Thanksgiving trip and found many more I've taken over the last few weeks on the camera as well, but I left my camera at home and I'm at work, so I'll have to post them another time, but I'll post them all. Our week has been pretty much routine after our harrowing trip back from Buffalo. Brigid continues her fascination with stripping down once she comes home from school. It's the first thing she wants to do, and no amount of persuasion on our parts can deter her or convince her otherwise that it's not a good idea. Who wouldn't want the freedom of running around buck naked? I'd be less apprehensive if she was on the potty already, but she's not so I spend most of her naked time in fear that she'll suddenly realize pee is running down her legs onto my rug.

She continues to be plagued by bloody noses. She had several in Buffalo and several since returning. I know part of it is the dry air. I haven't tried putting Vaseline in her nose yet (I dread the attempt). I may dig out the humidifier for her at night. But I'm not 100-percent convinced that it's the cause because she started having nosebleeds months ago when it was perfectly humid. She'll just be standing there and start to whimper as the blood rolls -- literally rolls -- out of her nose.

But in between bloody noses, she continues to increase her vocabulary and conversational abilities ten-fold. She carefully calculates and constructs her sentences and for the most part, they're grammatically correct, too. She vacillates between using the personal pronoun, "I," and her own name when describing something she did, wants or needs. But the "I" is taking over more and more. I kind of like her saying, "Brigid did it," or, even cuter, "Brigid do-ed it" (I know, so much for being grammatical. But sometimes kids just need to be cute).

Patricia and Margaret went to the dentist yesterday for a regular check-up and it's great to hear him say their tooth alignment is perfect, considering how much those smiles cost (or continue to cost us in Patricia's case) with regards to braces and retainers. It's also great to hear him say that regarding Margaret's teeth because of the missing tooth. The space holder is doing its job for the future implant. I feel like I've been living at his office, however, because a week ago, I went in for preliminary work for a crown; we had the girls visit yesterday; and next week I return for the crown itself. Just a friendly word of caution: don't bite down on Atomic Fireballs. They are murder on the teeth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home