Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Creeping Crud is Back


Well, Jack is down for the count. Patricia got to school today, but Margaret is on Day Two and counting -- fever, headache and stomach bug. Jack started complaining last night that he, too, wasn't feeling very well and actually called in sick today. I grabbed the baby and ran out the door this morning, hoping to avoid the crud that has crept back over the household. So far, knock on wood. But it's all over -- everyone is reporting a stomach bug and fever, from day care to college.

As a result of the affliction, the girls missed their first jazz class. I expect Patricia will be able to make it to tap tonight, but Margaret will be a no-show again. It's a good thing the studio is just around the corner.

When I picked Brigid up at the center yesterday, the teachers said as a warning a few of the kids were sent home sick. I said we're already in the thick of things, so it wouldn't surprise me, but I'm hoping Brigid's bout with fever last weekend was her turn. There's nothing like a sick toddler, unless it's a sick husband.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home