Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Ears Have It (At Least I Hope They Don't)

Something is happening with Brigid's nighttime routine. She's been waking up and crying heartily at night. I'm worried it might be her ears because she'll wake up screaming,... more than usual crying ... and then she doesn't want to lie back down again. I'm thinking we need to take her to have her ears checked out. Sometimes they have ear infections and not exhibit any other symptoms. Last night she woke up about 2 a.m. and I had a hard time getting her to settle so I brought her into bed with me because I had to get some sleep. Yet she wakes up in a fine mood. I remember once when Margaret was a baby, she'd sit up in bed at night screaming but be fine in the day. Came to find out she did have an ear infection and just lying down was excruciating -- lot of pressure on their tiny ears. We'll see if that's the cause. If not, I hope it's just a blip and she's able to return to her regular nighttime routine of sleeping through until about 6 a.m. Then I don't mind so much bringing her in because then I can get another couple hours of sleep.

Margaret and Patricia are spending the next two nights sleeping over at Grandma and Granddad's house, so it's just Daddy, Baby Brigid and me at home. It will seem strangly empty.

Here is a photo of the girls at church on Easter:
And here's one of Brigid and her Godfather, John Yonkovig:


And a bonus photo of BB at Border's Books:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home