Monday, November 05, 2007

On the Mend

We think we've turned a corner with Brigid and her illness. Yesterday she was more like herself, although changing the clocks back threw everybody's body clock off. She started to fall asleep last night about 7 p.m., which, to her body, was more like 8 p.m. I tried to put her in her crib and she skrieked and clawed her way up my arms. I retreated and tried again a few minutes later and was able to put her down successfully soon after. She slept through until about 4 a.m. at which time I brought her in with us. There she flopped around a bit, wanting boob until she drifted off back to sleep again, waking about 8 a.m. She was in a great mood this morning when I left for work, eating her regular breakfast of Cheerios with Daddy. I'm hoping this is a sign that she's going to be able to drift back into her regular routine.

Yesterday was our church harvest dinner and although Brigid was napping at mass time, Jack brought her over to the school in time for the harvest dinner. She wasn't too crazy about the roast beef dinner; she picked at a few of the veggies and kept sticking her finger into the mashed potatoes and licking it. She did enjoy some of the dill pickles on the table, and when it came time for pie, she seemed to truly enjoy both the pumpkin and apple pie we all chose. Many of the parishioners at the dinner came by and commented on how big Brigid is getting. I don't know these people; I recognize them as being at mass every week. When I showed up for mass Sunday without her, a lady who always sits in the front left pew said, “I don’t get to see my girl today?” At the dinner that afternoon, an old guy came by and commented on how big she’s getting and leaned down and kissed her on the top of the head. I think it’s sweet, and it really is an endorsement for the type of parish we belong to. Many people comment on how they’ve watched our girls grow up before their eyes, having seen me through three pregnancies, seen the girls’ baptisms, etc. It’s quite a community.

Patricia has double chorus rehearsals tonight, one at Oak and one at Plattsburgh State. It's a hectic day. Tomorrow is Election Day. Don't forget to vote.

B O N U S P H O T O S

Here are a few photos from Halloween. I still have to get the baby in her costume to take a photo if only to say I've done it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home