Tuesday, February 27, 2007

There's a Reason They Call Colds Common

Brigid's cold seems to be getting better, although she's still on her antibiotic and motrin and we give her dimetap at night to help her breathe. Mine, on the other hand, has gotten full-blown, no pun intended. I'm surprised I lasted this long, what with having Brigid's face in mine all the time. Sharing germs will only last so long before they jump ship and transfer. It's times like these I wish I had stock in Kleenex.

Brigid's walking gets sturdier and sturdier every day. I came home from work yesterday and she and Jack were in the kitchen around the corner and I heard him say, "Look who's home." Brigid walked around the counter and out into the dining room right to me and grabbed my legs with that toddleresque embrace, then held her arms up for me to pick her up. Very cute. When you put her down on the floor, she doesn't just sink to her bottom to crawl away most times; she'll get her bearings on her feet and then walk away. She still topples or bumps back down on her padded backside, but with each day her time spent walking is longer than her time spent crawling.

Had a good night last night, although she had two aborted attempts at napping. Monday is jazz day for the girls, so I have to get them up and out the door no later than 4:15 in order to make it on time, but yesterday, Brigid decided she wanted some boob time about 4 p.m. This lulled her into a zombie trance and she started falling asleep just in time for me to have to get up and out the door with the jazz troupe. So she stirred and never fell back to sleep. She ran around (or cruised around) the waiting area of the dance studio, amazing all the other moms, who said things like, "Oh, I can't believe she's walking," and "Look at her go!" We got home and I got dinner on the table, and she was cranky the whole dinner, obviously tired, but she ate plenty of garlic-buttered noodles. She wanted to nurse again right after dinner and snuggled up to me while I checked email. She drifted off en boobe about 7, so I put her in her PJs and that helped wake her up enough to delay bedtime. The girls and I watched a little of "Deal of No Deal" (take the deal, for crying out loud, you greedy greedy people) and Brigid was in bed not much after Margaret and Patricia, about 8:45 p.m. She slept through until about 4:45 a.m. and cried out a bit, fell back to sleep, but cried pretty heartily again about 5 a.m. I brought her in with us and she fell back to sleep for another four hours! That's the magic of the boob... and the explanation for the shared cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home