Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Give Her and Inch and She Takes a Foot

Brigid Baby Girl has been getting the knee action down for crawling. Last night she spent a good portion of her floor time moving her knees back and forth, almost like she was revving up to go. She just needs the arms to move in conjunction and she'll be off. And she laughs, like she gets the joke. "I'm too young to be crawling, but just try to stop me! AHAHAHAHA (evil sounding laughter)." I pulled out the Fisher Price Busy Box yesterday and that seemed to attract her attention for a while. She even figured out how to do the whirly gig on it. I am also convinced that her unsettled behavior of late may be her teeth. Jenny, our beloved babysitter since the time when Margaret was four months old, concurrs, saying Brigid's behavior when she's been given the bottle in my absence has been antsy. She wants to chew on the thing, but pulls it out violently only to want to thrust it back in again and again. Teething. My breast heaves at the thought.....

Had lunch with Auntie Shell today to catch up since we've both been on vacation and out of contact. She picked up a few cute polo-style dresses for the Baby B. and some ultra cute sneaks for next season for her Goddaughter from the Children's Place store when they were on vacation in Maine. She spoils the Baby B. and me, that's for sure. I'll have to learn how to post pictures to this thing so you can all see how cute she is going to look in her polo dress.

Jack spent the morning with BB, who he said was in a good mood and didn't even ask for the bottle until noon. Of course, I stocked her up pretty well from the boob before heading off to work, so she must have been pretty full. He set up the crib, so we'll be putting her down to sleep for the first time in the crib very soon. The Co-sleeper has been working out very well. I'm so appreciative to Aunt Kristin and Uncle Matt for that gift. It is just what I wanted and knew it would be what we needed. Brigid could easily stay in it a few more months, but as soon as she starts pulling herself up to her knees or feet, then we would have to put her in the crib anyway, so we'll be doing that soon.

Tomorrow (Thursday) the girls and I will head south to do some shopping and spend some quality "girl time" together. I can't wait. The girls have returned home from the lake. I haven't seen them since Friday. I've been missing my big girls. I'm looking forward to getting home and giving them some big hugs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home