Wednesday, January 23, 2008

We'll See if Cookies and Pirate Booty Make the List of Foods Accepted by the American Pediatric Society

Well, whatever crud hit the household seems to have played through, at least for the most part. Brigid rebounded quickly, and we're not convinced it was anything more than bad hot dogs, as we've blogged before. But Patricia was down for the count through most of Sunday and was on her feet again Monday, Martin Luther King Jr.'s day. However, by Sunday afternoon, Margaret was out of commission, foregoing dinner in exchange for an early bedtime. She managed to keep her insides inside her, but just barely. Monday was a recuperation day for Margaret but was a down day for me, because not long after I got up I was heading back to bed with a flu-like feeling and stomach ache. I, too, managed to avoid having to use the bucket, but my problems became more intestinal. I stayed home from work Tuesday and am shaky still, but am back to work. Jack reported not feeling great, but he hasn't been down. Let's hope it ran its course, whatever it was. (and I didn't even eat those hot dogs).

And although Brigid bounced back from her stomach problems, she seems to be having weird diaper episodes. They've been pretty messy, so I'm wondering if she is still fighting off something that has manifested itself in her intestinal tract. She is happy and bounding around, chattering endlessly, so there seems to be no harm, no foul (exept the odor!). It's something we'll have to keep an eye on.

She has had less of an appetite, however; or at least less of an appetite for what we're eating. She downed a bunch of peas last night, but didn't want to eat much of anything else. She would eat a few pieces of steak smothered in ketchup, however. How Jack could ruin a great cut of meat with ketchup is anyone's guess, but that's just me. But then Brigid wouldn't eat anything else. She loves her "nudderones" so she had one again. I managed to get some yogurt into her before she went to bed, so I didn't feel like quite so much a failure, especially since she also kept asking for "tee tee?" (cookie) and "puffs" (pirate booty). When they say children know their own nutritional needs, I have to throw in there that parents have to be able to provide them with those needs. I don't think tee tees and puffs qualify. But, hey, it's something, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home